Tuesday, October 12, 2010

sleepytime

I don't think anyone can argue: there's nothing like sleepytime. And I'm not just talking about when it's time to go to bed, either.  All day at work, I kept picturing exactly what kind of day it was.  Today was a day to curl up on the couch in pajamas and a blanket (or maybe if you have a Snuggie?) and relax. Okay, I was joking about the Snuggie... sort of.  With my new hours, I was able to find time to clean, watch a little television, and snuggle up with my kitten.

Someone at work today said that, for some reason, they were in the mood for hot tea today.  I am in the mood for hot tea all the time.  I had quite a taste for tea in my teenage years, and it helped that my sweet mother packed my favorite kind in my lunch daily--Orange and Spice, and Everything Nice.  This phase was followed by me spending a few sleep deprived years in college, doped up on Starbucks double shots and home-brewed coffee in order to finish my assignments.  It also didn't help that I worked at Starbucks for a short while.  I think it was when I studied abroad in England that I regained my appreciation for a good cup of tea, both loose leaf and boxed.  One stereotype about the English is absolutely true: they love their tea, and thanks to them, so do I!


So, relax tonight and treat yourself to something that will warm your heart.

"Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage."  -Catherine Douzel

1 comment:

  1. Orange and Spice, and Everything Nice. Keep it up Q T.

    ReplyDelete