Monday, October 18, 2010

it's a spicy meatball

Saturday, October 16, 2010

I spent Saturday learning how to make my aunt's famous meatballs and sauce.  I just wanted to be able to say: "It's a spicy meat-a-ball."  No, really, I thought the whole experience would be fun and useful, and it was.  But, I do admit that I used the phrase several times--maybe too many times.

We made about three times more than a person would normal make, and even though the whole process took a few hours, it was worth it.  The hearty meatballs had just the right amount of spice and the sauce was so thick and chunky that it didn't even drip through a slotted spoon.  I'm glad I learned how to make them, though, because I think carrying on traditions is important.  This recipe was my aunt's mother-in-law's, so it will be great to continue it through the generations of our family.




"I don't have to look up my family tree, because I know that I'm the sap."  -Fred Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment