Monday, October 11, 2010

pretending

I visited my husband's university today on our way apple picking, because although it was somewhat of a holiday, he did have a class at noon.  I love just hanging out on campus: in the computer lab, on the stone walls, on the grass, and under the shadows of trees and buildings.  It's a great feeling to not only reminisce, but to be in a setting which is similar to my alma mater.  It's also fun to pretend I'm a college student because I still look the same age as everybody else on campus.  It makes me feel like a fraud, or a spy, or at least very sneaky...but in a good way.

This time of year reminds me of the fall semesters in the past when I would get up and get a latte in the campus cafe and spend some time admiring the blue sky, the cool, crisp air, and the colorful leaves before class.  The browns, oranges, reds and yellows are the best when ready for crunching under my feet. I'm not sure why, but that is one of my favorite things in the world.  Time goes by quickly, but it's nice every so often to go back and make believe.





"Much may be done in those little shreds and patches of time which every day produces, and which most men throw away."  -Charles Caleb Colton

1 comment: