Monday, October 4, 2010

i like you just the way you are

I slumped in my less-than-comfortable wheely chair located in my cubicle this morning. While waiting for my current work to be reviewed, my eyelids felt like they were being weighed down by some pretty hefty barbells. As I struggled to check my morning e-mails, I popped in my earbuds and put my iPod on shuffle. Then, when I heard the sound of an irresistable bass line and rhythm beat, I couldn't help but start dancing in my seat. Next, I heard the words:

I ain't got no money
I ain't got no car to take you on a date
I can't even buy you flowers
But together we can be the perfect soul mates

Yes, it was Timbaland. And suddenly, I went from being a sleep-deprived work zombie to a wide-awake, positive and energetic force that could not--would not--be reckoned with. Besides changing my mood, listening to music makes me feel that there is a constant soundtrack to my life; that every decision I make is important; that I can achieve what I dream of doing. Music inspires me to do the things I love. It might not be Timbaland's music that does all of those things, but there is a time and place for everything.

Here's to music: one of the best reasons that I love life.

"If I could write out my own dream for the next time that I sleep, you'd be the first one that I see and I the last one that you keep." -Greg Laswell


No comments:

Post a Comment