Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cat Party

I'm beginning to think I've become one of those crazy cat moms who never has children of her own, but constantly rambles to her co-workers about what each feline has been up to lately.  For example: "Oh, Mitsy got into the pantry again yesterday while I was gone--she ripped apart my oatmeal packets! Can you believe what a mischievous girl she's been?"  This crazy cat mom wears cat earrings, pins, has a cat calendar, a cat sweater, and photos of her cats in frames year after year, kind of like school pictures.

Okay, so I'm not that bad, but I'm getting somewhat close.  What starts as making fun of a certain type of person turns into wanting to actually act this way.  It's quite a phenomenon with me.  On another note, I have noticed that cats have some intuition when it comes to emotional matters.  Oreo is thirteen years old, and she really has been there for me during times when I felt completely alone.  As an over-emotional teenager, I would retreat to my room, away from my "villainous" parents, and Oreo would be there to cuddle and comfort.  Penelope is only about four months old, but she is finally getting to point where she seems to enjoy spending a little quality time with us.  But, that usually lasts about five to ten minutes and then she is back to being an insane cat-terror, ripping across the kitchen floor as if she were being chased by blood-sucking aliens.

I love coming home to my girls. 
They are great friends--to each other, and to me.

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior." - Hippolyte Taine

No comments:

Post a Comment