Tuesday, October 19, 2010

i want to remember the places that we left; lost to the mists of time

I was mentioning the other day that people must think I'm obsessed with my husband or something, because I have about nine photos of the two of us pinned and framed in various places on my desk at work.  To that, my husband cheekily replied, "Of course they should think so! I'm your husband!"  But in all seriousness, I originally brought this many photos to my last job for a very specific reason.  I needed to bring happiness to my workplace with me so that when I was feeling stressed or down, I could look at my photos and remember many of the things I'm thankful for and the memories I've had.

I am, admittedly, a total sap -- but I think it's important to stay positive by any means available.  I am now in a position which I enjoy much more, but it helps from time to time to remind myself why I do what I do, who I am doing it for, and what goals I have.  It's not just about my romantic relationship, but it also involves other memories, like my time studying in Europe or my college graduation.  It brings a little bit of me to a place that would otherwise make us look like an army of work drones in suits.  That's why we do it, isn't it?


"Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are,
the things you never want to lose."  - The Wonder Years

No comments:

Post a Comment