Sunday, October 3, 2010

pumpkin spice

Having a pumpkin spice latte and a pumpkin cream cheese muffin at Starbucks may have been a little overkill, but at this time of year, I can't get enough.  Actually, I would enjoy it at any time of year, but this is just the season when it can be found in abundance and with ease.  If you can imagine the golden brown pastry with sugar crystals glistening on fresh pumpkin seeds in the bright, yellow light, then you can understand why I  simply could not resist. Today, a lot of pumpkin spice and relaxing on the "comfy chairs,"made my day.

You know you do it, too: you enter the café and place your coat down on the nearest open table. You order your drink, and suddenly spy out of the corner of your eye that the current residents of the comfy chairs are moving on. Others notice this, too, but in a shameless mad dash, you manage to grab your jacket from the not-so-choice seat, and hurl it onto the comfy chair before anyone else can get to it. And, what a great feeling that is. My husband sank into the chair comfortably and I rested my legs over one of its fuzzy arm rests. We talked about the big picture, the possibilities of where our life could take us, and the challenges that may face us ahead.  We chatted for at least an hour before heading out. This activity makes me feel like we're just dating again, which is fun. And aren't we still "dating," even if we're married? We go on dates.

Feast your eyes.

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

1 comment:

  1. That muffin was delicious and you are awesome. I love your blog. There are a lot of little things in life that really brighten up the day and I am loving what you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete