Saturday, October 2, 2010

being yourself

I woke up this morning for a moment, wondering when my alarm would go off for work.  Much to my delight, I had a realization: It's SaturdayYes!  Saturdays are usually pretty relaxing when I don't have plans. Today, I went to breakfast with some friends, and after several stormy days, it was a lovely fall day in the mid-60s. I spent way too much time inside for the afternoon; what is it about weekends that makes me just want to take a long, continuous nap? Is this what getting old feels like?

I was straining to find something to write about today.  I often try so hard to come up with something profound; something that will cause everyone to adore my intellect and candor. I can't help it; it's my nature.  But, it always seems to be the times when I'm not thinking at all that I think of the message I want to get across. And the message is this: life is beautiful when you're being yourself. Doesn't it feel so good to make decisions because you know they're right, and because you want to make those decisions? It can be difficult to disagree, to stand out, to be different. So, here I am, faults and all.

{I hope you like my new glasses!}

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment