Tuesday, October 5, 2010

with a little help from my friends

I scurried out of the glass revolving door in the massive building I work at, ran through the rain to my car, and made it through bad-weather traffic to my eye appointment. It was 5:03 PM--only three minutes late. After about an hour of waiting, testing, and ordering lenses for my retro cat glasses, I hurried out again to make it at least a little early to Girlfriends to help set up. By the time I arrived, I remembered that I had literally felt like I needed to go to the bathroom since 4:30 PM. It was 6:25.  That's dedication, I thought.

If it wasn't evident in the above paragraph, I go to a group for women in their 20s and 30s every other Tuesday. There were delicious appetizers and desserts (which I wish I had pictures of), laughter, and games. I love going to Girlfriends for a lot of reasons, one being that my husband is gone all day on Tuesdays because of work and class.  Friends make life better. It's nice to get to know people, and for those I already know, it's comforting to remember someone that really cares about you. We talked about what it means to feel loved, or what makes us feel loved, and it is always a good reminder. But, I will save all the things I love about love for another post.




"A friend loves at all times,  and a brother is born for adversity." -Proverbs 17:17

No comments:

Post a Comment