Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Goodness gracious...

...Great balls of fire!  In the midst of a somewhat uneventful day, I enjoyed a crunchy, leafy, balsamic-drizzled salad.  The taste was scrumptious, and it was very satisfying, until I realized what the after-taste was like.  Have you ever been there?  I quickly started to wonder if the delicious lunch was worth the price I paid--and I'm not talking about money. Without any gum or mints in sight, and devoid of any cash my my wallet, my friend, Kristen, graciously purchased a ten cent fireball for me, along with one for herself.  I think I am going to consider this our first date.

I am making this fireball last for as long as possible.  My primary concern is that my teeth will turn fluorescent red; I couldn't care less that my neighbors here in the workplace are probably starting to notice my partially eaten fireball on an open wrapper and a napkin on my desk.  I assume they have already started to give me a nickname, like fireball girl, or red hot, or something.  My newly red hair isn't helping, either.  But, the delectable taste of this fireball is incredibly worth it. 

I generally don't like spicy or especially hot foods; it is evident, however, that my life is very adventurous--and the best thing about my day today has been this Atomic Fireball.

I wasn't in the mood to find an inspiring quote about candy (if that exists), so here's something else:

"If you think you can win, you can win. Faith is necessary to victory." -William Hazlitt

No comments:

Post a Comment