Thursday, November 4, 2010

stripes or spots?

I adore animal prints. They were in style at some point in the 1990s and then became gaudy for the next several years. This was very disappointing to me, so imagine my delight when I started seeing stripes and spots appearing in department stores.  I was also pleased to find that designers had improved on their prior 1990s collections, which had included short, tight, sleeveless turtlenecks. 

As I often do, I was browsing through Would you wear these trends? segment in the fashion section of People.com, and I had quite an epiphany. I think many of us do not realize how much stuff we have, and how much we can also re-work into new styles. It is easy to just take out our credit cards and constantly purchase new trends, but often times, what we need is right in our own home. After seeing these wonderful leopard totes, I recalled receiving a medium-sized leopard bag as part of a beauty gift pack for a holiday.  As soon as I arrived at home, I dug through the bottom drawer in my tall, creamy white dresser, and immediately switched my essentials to the new purse. Thus, here I am at work, receiving compliments on a bag I already owned!

Here's to being fierce--without spending the money for it.

"Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening." -Coco Chanel

 

No comments:

Post a Comment