Friday, November 12, 2010

You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em

By now, you have probably memorized the bland, neutral-toned pattern on my workplace carpet by heart, but I am going to feature another couple of photographs right from where I'm at. Today, I feel like I'm from Texas. This might be quite a stereotype based on how I am dressed, but I'm going with it.  One by one, I am quickly running out of suitable, comfortable boots for this cooler weather.  Many pairs have received an unwelcome and not-so-comfortable crack along the sole, which allows cold, slushy precipitation to seep onto my socks.  Sounds fun, right? But, this is precisely the reason I was having quite a predicament on this jeans Friday. I really like jeans day, but that can be included a different post entirely.

I was scouring my closet for a comfortable, non-heeled pair of boots to tuck my favorite skinny jeans into-- when I looked up and saw my white, frilled boots that I had purchased from the Salvation Army at least three years ago.  Delighted, I put them on and continued to get ready. With the finishing touches, I found my pink vintage necklace and placed it around my neck. It always reminds me of Texas, and I only found out today that it reminds others of flamingos or Wonder Woman, but we will pretend that I didn't hear that. At the moment I put the necklace on, I realized that both items were from vintage or used clothing stores, and it reminded me of how much I love those places. My most beloved pieces are from shops like those, and I think people count out these places often.


"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done."
-Kenny Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment